Our Vision is that everyone will be able to access free advice to find a way forward.
Our Mission Is:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives
Our Values Are:
- Valuing diversity
- Independent and impartial advice
- Free advice
- Working with integrity
- Challenging discrimination
- Promoting equality
- Collaboration and partnership work
- Accessible high quality advice
Our Objectives Are:
- To improve people’s quality of life by providing effective high quality information, advice and casework services to people in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, and to seafarers and their dependents in the UK.
- To create social value for the community of local people and for seafarers and their dependents in the UK. This includes working with volunteers, training and support, partnership working, campaigning and influencing work and through our role as part of the national Citizens Advice service.
Seafarers Advice And Information Line
In addition to our advice services in Greenwich, we also run the Seafarers’ Information and Advice Line (SAIL) which is an advice and casework service specifically for seafarers and their families across the UK. For more information on SAIL and how to access the service, please visit the sail website.
Citizens Advice Greenwich Annual Report
For further information on Citizens Advice Greenwich, please see our latest annual report.