Volunteer With Us
Being a Citizens Advice volunteer can be hugely rewarding and enjoyable. Citizens Advice Greenwich provides a range of volunteering opportunities and welcomes people with the time and interest to learn new skills and practice existing ones. There are many ways that you can get involved and please see below for information about current volunteer roles.
Current Volunteer Vacancies:
- Do you want to help the community where you study, live or work?
- Do you want to make sure you and your neighbours get the advice you need now and in the future?
We would like to recruit new Trustees to our Board. This is a voluntary role. Trustees provide support in the following areas: legal; governance; financial and act as the employer. We would particularly welcome applications from people with fundraising experience, or experience in the advice or voluntary sector.
Greenwich Citizens Advice Bureaux is an independent charity and company, but also benefits from being a part of the national Citizens Advice service. We help people to solve problems. Our service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. Last year we advised over 3,600 people on 16,600 new issues, and raised £5.5 million in financial outcomes for our clients.
We provide advice and casework to people in Greenwich Borough, and to seafarers across the U.K. The advice that we provide is of fundamental importance to our clients during the Cost-of-Living Crisis. It’s on issues such as benefits and Universal Credit; Debt; Housing and Employment. Our advice prevents homelessness; tackles debt and increases income for some of the most vulnerable people in London.
Please see full role description and how to apply in the below link
Hours Required: Ideally we ask for two days per week, for at least 18 months. We can be flexible so come and talk to us. Attendance on Tuesdays is required for group training over a 3 month period. The second day in the office can be negotiated if you start with us.
We are currently recruiting volunteer trainee advisers, to provide advice to people living in Greenwich.
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing.
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- have a positive impact in your community
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- talk to clients over the phone, face to face, or online to explore what problems they’ve come for help with
- find information about the clients’ problems and help them to understand their options
- support clients to take action to resolve their problems. This might include drafting or writing letters, making phone calls, or referring the client to another organisation
- write a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken
- look out for problems’ that are common, or are unfair, and write a short report about the problem or a letter to an elected official like an M.P. or local councillor
Paid Roles With Us