Volunteer With Us
Being a Citizens Advice volunteer can be hugely rewarding and enjoyable. Citizens Advice Greenwich provides a range of volunteering opportunities and welcomes people with the time and interest to learn new skills and practice existing ones. There are many ways that you can get involved and please see below for information about current volunteer roles.
Current Volunteer Vacancies:
Hours Required: Ideally we ask for two days per week, for at least 18 months. We can be flexible so come and talk to us. Attendance on Tuesdays is required for group training over a 3 month period. The second day in the office can be negotiated if you start with us.
We are currently recruiting volunteer trainee advisers, to provide advice to people living in Greenwich.
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing.
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- have a positive impact in your community
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- talk to clients over the phone, face to face, or online to explore what problems they’ve come for help with
- find information about the clients’ problems and help them to understand their options
- support clients to take action to resolve their problems. This might include drafting or writing letters, making phone calls, or referring the client to another organisation
- write a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken
- look out for problems’ that are common, or are unfair, and write a short report about the problem or a letter to an elected official like an M.P. or local councillor
Paid Roles With Us
We are not recruiting at the moment